Whoa! Where am I?

__________________________________________________Librarians are encyclopedias of AWESOME__________

Monday, February 27

Humor is Essential for February




Humor is Essential for February

February is the shortest month with the longest days
the temperature plummets along with my mood
dark like the dirty snow collected everywhere
in crusty, unsightly lumps waiting for the sun of spring
to finally emerge from its endless slumber
and bring life back to this depressing tundra
and my cold, listless bones

Driving to the grocery store
my son yammering away in the back seat
about sour gumballs and Spiderman
I make an emergency stop
on the bumpy, brown-snow shoulder
and promptly vomit down the front of my wool coat
while soaking my jeans with pee
my post-baby bladder no match
for the icky undulations of my diaphragm

Oh February!  Month of romantic disappointment and winter illness
with my birthday thrown in for good measure
I sit here soaking urine and acid-drenched carrot mush
into my Golf’s black upholstery
and I can’t help but laugh
as the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band twangs
“keep on the sunny side of life”
out my crappy, warbling speakers

Chin up, young one
you have a long way to go yet



© Jenn Carson 2012

Please do not reproduce without permission from the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment