Whoa! Where am I?

__________________________________________________Librarians are encyclopedias of AWESOME__________

Monday, January 30

Out.running.storms



Out.running.storms

Crouched like kerosene lamps
in a rainstorm
eyes flickering while we squat
naked on the plastic shower floor

I rock, knees at my chest
you, contorting to meet me
thin lips form soft kisses that
make their way to full cursive tumblings
locked fingers, drunk tongues

Black dirt thoughts
gong my eardrums
escape me, my demons
run home, run away
be anywhere but here

Your devil-hearts like icicles
tug on my fear-hairs
shivering, I’m thunder skies
waiting for the light

To be caught in the downpour
leaves me raw, drenched and vulnerable
seeking cover from storm clouds
under clean nights


© Jenn Carson 2012
Please do not quote or reproduce this work without permission from the author.

2 comments: