Whoa! Where am I?

__________________________________________________Librarians are encyclopedias of AWESOME__________

Thursday, January 3

when your day starts at 4:30am

I was just getting used to the loveliness of a baby that sleeps through the night, when TA-DA! he decided today should start at 4:30am.  I tried nursing him back to sleep, but that was a no go, so instead I put on a pot of oatmeal, made a pot of chai, cut up a cantaloupe and did some yoga...with a baby incorporated into my poses.  He finally konked out after a second feed.  Then my five year old crawled out of bed as the sun was coming up and declared he wanted to get out HIS yoga mat and do yoga with me. 
And it's funny, because I was just thinking to myself yesterday that I would really like to start going to bed earlier and getting up earlier, to try and set a more natural sun-centered rhythm to my day.  And also because Ben will be back to school next week and the 7am rising is gonna slay me if I don't get used to it now.

Life always has a funny way of giving me what I want.

"You work that you may keep pace with the earth and the soul of the earth.  For to be idle is to become a stranger unto the seasons, and to step out of life's procession."  ~Khalil Gibran

1 comment:

  1. I'm a morning person, thoroughly enjoying "me" time almost every day. The only thing that gets me is waking up that early and not being able to go back to sleep. And no little ones here as you know. Happy start to school for the older boy!
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete